TrustedSite is searching for a seasoned technical writer to join our team and help take our cybersecurity-focused services to new heights. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating product documentation such as user guides and help center articles that break down technical concepts and help improve customer usability. You may also assist in the development of technical cybersecurity content used for marketing purposes.
An ideal candidate has proven experience in gathering and analyzing technical product data to document new or changing functionality and produce straight-forward, polished content.
- Obtain a deep understanding of TrustedSite’s products to develop technical documentation materials such as user guides and help center articles
- Own technical documentation of products from inception to release
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to synthesize requirements of the product
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn, understand, and convey complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize needs
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fully remote opportunities
- Optimal work-from-anywhere experience—we’ll send you whatever tools you need to succeed!
- Surprise gift program each quarter
At TrustedSite, our mission is to create a more transparent internet where everyone can stay safe and businesses can thrive. We believe trust should be earned, not bought, and offer resources to help businesses prove they are legitimate, reliable, and safe. With increased transparency, people can build trust in businesses and shop online with confidence.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé to email@example.com.