1 star on 1 review
What do you think of sekhomedepot.com?
Copy link to Review
0 helpful ratings
0 questions answered
226 days ago
You either save 20% or loose 100%
This website is a clone of mtpofficestore.com, another website with similar tell-tale signs of a scam site. Their phone number doesn't work, all social media links are false, location and contact information are incorrect, etc.
PayPal checkout also sends money to a Vietnamese name, "Ngo Duc Nui," instead of the company.
After scouring the internet, it appears that sites like these do occasionally fill orders. Verified users will rant and rave in reviews about the good the prices they receive, take photos and ridicule others who give the site bad reviews. This gives the site the false appearance of being legitimate. To some, it just looks like a business that suffers from some occasional bad customer service.
Only about 30% of similar site reviews are positive however. The other 70% are customers who were sent the wrong item (always cheaper), or experienced some string of unfortunate events (accidents or other mistakes) which delay the orders for weeks or months.
The goal here is clearly to delay the customers. More specifically, to delay them beyond their ability to successfully file a claim or dispute with PayPal or their credit card company.
So how does a scam site manage to fill some of its orders? They drop-ship them. Reviewers sometimes mention that if their orders do manage to arrive, they come from companies like “Best-Buy” or “Wal-Mart”. It's not a real business, so that's the only way they can fill orders, which they need to do in order to appear legitimate.
Scammers create a fake website, sell products for less than they cost, fill some of the orders by purchasing things online and having them shipped to the buyer's address, then pocked the surplus from the customers they completely rip off.
Buying from a site like this is a lottery. You either save 20% or loose 100%. These sites operate long enough to get about 10 bad reviews, then go into maintenance indefinitely. They know the limits, and they stay below them. When they attract too much attention, hen they set up another fake site, and do it all over again. That's how this scam works.
Is this your site?
Claim it now
to respond to reviews, add widgets to your website, and more.
Become an Insight Provider
© 2018 TrustedSite -