Have a site?
Have a site?
4.5 stars on 27 reviews
Copy link to Review
0 helpful ratings
0 questions answered
6 days ago
First Triple Zips, made with upholstery fabric
I bought the pattern, printed it out, and needed to practice. Looking wildly around the house, I found some scraps of upholstery fabric, a roll of 1 1/2” cotton webbing, some zippers and blue nylon lining and an old black shirt sleeve. No hardware. No interfacing. I have made two bags so far. I have learned several things already.
1. When cutting, even with seemingly random floral fabric, pay close attention to the images on the fabric. One of the bags features the white flowers, centered on the front and back.
2. Since this fabric unravels fairly quickly, by the time I got around to the top zipper, it was too long. When I make the next practice bag I will sew the tabs onto the top zipper when I get to that point so that it fits the bag I actually have.
3. If you are consistent, you can use larger seam allowances. It would be very easy to adjust the finished size of the whole bag, too.
4. If you know how long you want the strap to be, you do not need any hardware on it.
5. It is a fun project to sew. I’m going to try it with cottons and interfacing next, to see how those come out.